8.19.2008

My some what favorite artist

Katsushika Hokusai, Japan's best known artist. The painting that is most well known is the great wave:
For image press here
There are also the series of MT Fuji. theses one were the one he took most time on and there are many series to it like a diffrent view of MT Fuji.

Katsushika Hokusai is also called an art crazy old man due to his love for doing art. He devoted his life to art... i mean because he really loves it... so thats why...
"From the age of six I had a mania for drawing the shapes of things. When I was fifty I had published a universe of designs. but all I have done before the the age of seventy is not worth bothering with. At seventy five I'll have learned something of the pattern of nature, of animals, of plants, of trees, birds, fish and insects. When I am eighty you will see real progress. At ninety I shall have cut my way deeply into the mystery of life itself. At a hundred I shall be a marvelous artist. At a hundred and ten everything I create; a dot, a line, will jump to life as never before. To all of you who are going to live as long as I do, I promise to keep my word. I am writing this in my old age. I used to call myself Hokosai, but today I sign my self 'The Old Man Mad About Drawing." -- this is what Hokusai said

His art stlye is from woodblock
and this is some of the paintings that inspired Hokusai... maybe it will also be a help to you...
Check it out here its by Philips Koninck (1619-1688 Amsterdam)

Hokusai normally based his art on landscape which i really like.
Hokusia also has thousands of sketches and they are called Manga in Japanese

And once again
Thats all for now....

No comments: